Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tyler Perry wins lawsuit

USA Today covered the breaking news of Tyler Perry’s win in the lawsuit over copy write infringement. I liked the lede because it gave me just enough information to hook me and then left me wondering who the woman was, so I kept reading. It went on to explain the situation and why she was suing Perry.

She accused Perry of stealing material from her 1991 Fantasy of a Black Woman, to create his 2005 hit, Diary of a Mad Black Woman. She not only tried to sue Perry but also the actor's company, Tyler Perry Inc., for selling the movie and Lions Gate Entertainment, Inc., which funded as well as distributed the film.

Jurors said that West did not present enough hard evidence to support her claim.

I would have liked to know which aspect of her play she thought Perry stole but all together the article was informative and easy to follow. It was a great AP article.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-12-09-tyler-perry-suit_N.htm

No comments: