Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hawaii Ending Universal Child Health Care

I really enjoyed this article because I was completely unaware that there was even a state in the Union that had a universal health care program. I thought the lede was very good, capturing the reader’s interest as well as giving enough information that I knew exactly what I would be reading.

With Obama up for the presidency and being from Hawaii originally I wonder if this is type of health care is what he had in mind. That being said should the country look at Hawaii’s failed plan and learn from it? Granted Hawaii’s plan was only for children but it still makes senses that people are not going to want to pay for a health care plan if the poor would be able to receive the same plan for free.

I think for a program like this to work, equality for its participants is a must.

1 comment:

Emily duQuesnay said...

I enjoyed reading Angela's thoughts on Hawaii's decision to end uiversal child health care. I thought it was especially interesting that she tied it into the upcoming election and Obama's possible ideas for our country. I was impressed by Angela's correct use of grammar and attention to AP style - I had no idea that "lede" was spelled that way until reading this blog!